Tuesday, February 3, 2015

#Tagged

I was tagged by the wonderful Kara over at For the Good of the Book and since the tag has to do with writing I decided to blog about it here. What better place to talk about writing than your writing blog, right? =)

The Authorly Bucket List tag - list 3 to 7 things you're not good at and 3 to 7 things you'd like to try.

Things I'm not good at....

1. Fanfiction is totally not something I'm good at. I've read a few pieces of it and have a difficult time reading or writing it. I think because when it's a movie or book, I know someone is writing stories about the characters that never happened anywhere else. Nothing against it, but I can't write or read it. Actually the only thing I can read or write that has to do with fanfic is Robin Hood BBC endings - things I wish I would have happened in the show. Those I can both read and write! =)

2. Writing long chapters I can hardly ever do. I know sometimes I should because three to five pages can be short (depending on the story and who is reading it), but I guess I should work on it more.

3. Finding names for my characters. I struggle so much in this! You'll find me a lot of times on google searching names, and I can never pick the right one or I'll go and change it after the character has already been in about twenty pages of the story.

4. Sci fi. Yep - this genre is far from my grasp or knowledge. Fantasy I love ( think Lord of the Rings or Narnia), but Hunger Games or Divergent type things I am not good at.

5. Beginnings. Simply starting a story can take a lot of re writes for me!

Things I want to try...

1. Sci fi. Did I not just say this is far from my grasp? More the reason I want to try and conquer it! haha

2. Putting some of my poems in my stories is one of my dreams. I love writing bits of poetry but am not brave enough to let it land in my fantasy story or anything else except a random blog post from time to time.

3. Writing a successful fight scene. Horrible time of it and it sounds very unrealistic!

So there and I #tag any of you lovely writers along with S.F. Be sure and check out her blog here and grab the tag for yourself! =)

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Thank you so much for awarding me, Kara. It made my day. :)
    Yes, I agree that the beginning is one of the hardest difficulties in writing.
    Love ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete

You're going to comment? That's awesome! We love to read what you guys have to say! Just remember....
be nice and no spam please or you will be deleted!
Naomi or Kara will try to reply to every comment, and if not, we still read every single one.
God bless!