Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Bit About My Story-- by Naomi

So apparently today my mind is dry of what I should blog about.... Sorry about that... and now I keep get distracted by reading this author's blog....

Anyways. (Focus, Naomi, focus.) Today I'm going to try to do something somewhat writing related...


About My Story:

Title: right now, it doesn't really have a title. I picked one out, but as I wrote the story, the title never got tied into it. (That's what the editing stage is for. That and so much, well, editing. Ugh. Anyways, I need to focus again.) But I think the title is going to be How Long is Forever?

Where the idea came from: It seems like many, many authors get asked where they get their story ideas. I feel like I should hope I'm not asked this because.... I don't remember....I remember coming up with an idea for a story about a girl who's dad was in the military. There was going to be a love triangle... and the girl was going to have to decide who loved her most. (Which, she would learn, is God.) I even had a title I liked picked out! It was He Loves Me Most (The 'He' being God, and I got the 'Loves me most' part from the flower petal thing, where you pull off a petal and say, "he loves me" and you pull off another and say, "He love me not".) Well, it didn't go that way....



It actually ended up having to deal with suicide (though it really doesn't talk about it a whole lot or in explicit detail.) Which is new for me...

Florinda Carmichael is the main character, and her goal is to run in a suicide awareness marathon, but between the beginning of the story and the marathon, things... happen. She learns she doesn't have to be alone in her life... that people, even her stepmom, loves her.
The pictures are from Pinterest, but the quote is mine. (You can follow me on Pinterest, or you can look at the board I have for this story. Let me know if the story sounds somewhat interesting! (Side note, there is a lot more to the story, and once I have a proper summary of it, I'll post it, I just wrote this as it came to me. :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're going to comment? That's awesome! We love to read what you guys have to say! Just remember....
be nice and no spam please or you will be deleted!
Naomi or Kara will try to reply to every comment, and if not, we still read every single one.
God bless!