Thursday, December 4, 2014

What I Do To Prepare an Author Interview-- by Naomi

Recently I've felt like I've done a lot of Author Interviews... and I know I've only done two, so far but I have possibly a few more in the works. So, for a little bit there I was a little paranoid I was overloading you...

Now that I've pretty much reassured myself I'm not I'm going to offer advice on how to do an author interview. (Noted: These are my suggestions, things I do, not necessarily the only thing you can do to have a successful author interview... Haha! :) )

1. Email them-- and if you have it-- use a professional email address.
Usually, I just email them to say hello, introduce myself, offer to do a blog interview (say I liked their book if I read it and liked it. If I read it and didn't like it... well, I might not want to do an author interview for them. :) ) and give them a brief sum of what I do on the blog.

2. Usually they email back and say yes, to which I return an email thanking them and saying that I'll give them an the interview questions shortly, but in the meantime I ask them for some things... a lot of things. Their author bio (and picture if they want/have one), their back cover copy and cover, and some endorsements, if they have some. Usually, as I'm telling them everything I want, I tell them, "if you want too"... and, honestly, I could find all of these things myself, but.... besides the fact I'm lazy, I point out (to myself) that I am doing them a favor. :)

3. During the time it takes them to send everything that I asked for, I usually try to think about what questions to ask them. I'm still trying to figure out how many I should ask them, but the last few interviews I did I think I had ten.

4. Around this time, maybe a little before, is when I figure out if they are actually going to follow through with the interview. If they never respond, I get the hint. They aren't interested, and that's okay. I don't really mind.

So, that's what I do. :) Do you like my interviews? Is there any advice you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're going to comment? That's awesome! We love to read what you guys have to say! Just remember....
be nice and no spam please or you will be deleted!
Naomi or Kara will try to reply to every comment, and if not, we still read every single one.
God bless!