Monday, September 22, 2014

What Not To Do For Marketing Your Book

First off, thank you for stopping by on the very first blog post of Writing to Inspire! I'm Naomi-- and you can learn more about me on the 'About Da Girls' page.

Today I'm going to talk about authors, and selling their book: What Not To Do



1. Please, please don't write a blog post begging me-- anyone!-- to buy your book.
Chances are, if I'm reading your blog I either want or have read your book. AND since my library kind of stinks, chances are-- I bought your book. On the slim chance I didn't buy your book, but have read it and liked it, I probably want too. (Brace yourself for this next sentence) I'm not exactly rich. Actually, at the time being, I don't even have a job, so.... You want me to buy your book? Give my $15 dollars and I will....

Now, I know authors only make money from their books, and only a small part of it, and not if they are being sold used from an individual. Still, no begging please...

2. Don't post 5 million times in a day, "Don't know what to read? Try *Book Title* next!" with a link to your book following.
Again, I probably want to or have read your book. And if I want, I won't forget it after the first couple....

I guess that's enough for now. :) (Translation: "All I can think of right now")

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're going to comment? That's awesome! We love to read what you guys have to say! Just remember....
be nice and no spam please or you will be deleted!
Naomi or Kara will try to reply to every comment, and if not, we still read every single one.
God bless!