Sunday, June 7, 2015

The Post on Book Reviews

Wow, so basically we took an unplanned month off. So many apologies. So many....

Anyways. On many book websites, you can write reviews. Goodreads, Barnes and Noble, Amazon, and I'm sure many others. Are reviews actually useful?

Personally, I like reading reviews. I don't know exactly why... I read the bad reviews, and some of the good reviews (sometimes there can be a lot of good reviews so I don't get to them all). The problem is, though, as much as I can understand and relate to the person who wrote the review (as much as possible without having read the book) I don't know if we like the same genre. If we judge the same content as bad or good.

Kara recently-ish wrote a book review on a book titled Summer by Summer by Heather Burch. (I looked and looked for it, but couldn't find hers, but we had the same opinion of it pretty much, so here's mine. ) That's what I was getting to... Sometimes you can find people and have the same opinion of them :)

But what about writing reviews? Writing reviews can be difficult... but they can fun. I've written many book reviews in my life... and you know what? When I get to writing them, I still go... Um... 'I liked this book a lot', is that good enough?

That's one of the reason's why I want to start writing book reviews here, and naming books that I like-- that way you can learn if we have the same taste in books!

Just because I or you may not like a book, doesn't necessarily mean that it's bad. Some books ARE bad, but some just aren't for me. :)

SO I know I haven't posted in a long time, but maybe soon I'll start writing book reviews for the summer. :)

Any book in particular you want me to read? Not guaranteeing anything, but maybe I'll see what I can do. :) (and if I don't get to it this time, doesn't mean it won't be put on my To-Be-Read list!)

1 comment:

  1. Howdy! This post could not be written any better! Looking through this post reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He always kept preaching about this. I will send this post to
    him. Pretty sure he'll have a great read. Many thanks for sharing!


    my website reviews on venus factor, ,

    ReplyDelete

You're going to comment? That's awesome! We love to read what you guys have to say! Just remember....
be nice and no spam please or you will be deleted!
Naomi or Kara will try to reply to every comment, and if not, we still read every single one.
God bless!