Thursday, February 12, 2015

Realistic Travel

Hola everyone! Writing can be hard, but writing a book where there is horseback riding, lots of traveling on foot, or some high sea adventures, can lead to confusion when you know nothing about it. For me, my story, "When Evil Over-Shadows" consist of a lot of traveling on foot and bunches of horseback riding. I have never traveled more than three miles on foot (hiking), or ridden my bike for over five miles, (which probably doesn't count as horseback riding). I asked for help on the amazing GoTeenWriters facebook group and got the above chart. I'm fairly sure (since so many recommended it) that it's pretty accurate, and thus it has helped me as I write. 
Of course you could possibly have a magical horse where the chart won't help you, or a giant who takes large steps, but than again it might. So I hope it helps you in your writing adventures. ☺
What charts have you come across that have been pretty useful? 

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU for sharing this! I have quite a bit of traveling in my stories, too, so this is helpful. :)
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete

You're going to comment? That's awesome! We love to read what you guys have to say! Just remember....
be nice and no spam please or you will be deleted!
Naomi or Kara will try to reply to every comment, and if not, we still read every single one.
God bless!