Monday, October 6, 2014

Tips to Improve your Blog by Naomi


Today I am going to give you a few tips for improving your blog. (But feel free to ignore them, since some of them I don’t even follow on my blog naomiandbooks … I am trying to be better for this one though.)

Before you start a blog, maybe:
1.       Have a blog subject… you know, like a point for the blog. Whether it’s recipes, book reviews, home renovation tips…. Whatever it may be, have a plan.

I don’t have a plan for my blog. That’s why I sometimes have things titled, “An Updateon my life and Peanut Butter and Jelly”, that’s why I can blog about anything from caramel apples to Bible verses I like. That’s also why I sometimes only do one post a week, or even sometimes, not at all.
2.       Have a schedule. I don’t have a schedule. Which is another reason I don’t blog consistently, or always on the same day.

This you could figure out after you have a blog, but I’d feel like it would be easier if you didn’t.

If you already have a blog:

                Reply to comments. (This is something I actually usually try to do! )

                On one blog, it said to have picture because people are visual. I sometimes do this, but I think they kind of meant more than once a month…

                Once again, being consistent would be a good thing. (Though I did read you’re not really supposed to have two blog posts in one day. Dude, if I wrote two blog posts in one day, I wouldn’t waste one by putting it up the same day! Haha, you put it up a different day and you got two days taken care of. J )

                Editing and rereading your blog posts is probably a good idea… I usually don’t, as it is probably obvious, at least sometimes. I just view it as, “I just wrote this, I don’t want to read it!” J

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for these! I am needing to improve my blog and these are a big help. :)
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found them useful and I hope they work well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

You're going to comment? That's awesome! We love to read what you guys have to say! Just remember....
be nice and no spam please or you will be deleted!
Naomi or Kara will try to reply to every comment, and if not, we still read every single one.
God bless!